Saturday 26 April 2014

Poem: For Someone I Love

She sends me to my destination
zooming past unknown constellations
into the wilderness of the night
I happily go without a fight

She locks me in and throws away they key
but when she does I'm left thinking "why me?"
she doesn't know what she does to me inside
the wires connecting my brain already fried

Her love is like the aftershock of a monsoon
swept away so far I wake up on the moon
a million love letters wouldn't be enough
she'd still tear them up and treat me rough

She has the moves, my tiny dancer
she says I'm a joker and a prancer
and she tells me I make her laugh
then walks away from my door and down the path

And when I sleep I sometimes scream
because I've found she isn't in my dream
and I start to wonder if she lied
it makes me so scared I run and hide

But then the next day I see her face
and it's like going from the starting block to winning the race
and outside it might be storms and rain
but it doesn't matter because inside she's what's keeping me sane

No comments:

Post a Comment